Tuesday, October 27, 2009

. . .and I'm back!

Let me start by apologizing for the lack of posts. I'll make the excuse that I worked long hours 2 weeks ago then went out of town for a week. I trust that you are all willing to forgive me so let's forgive, forget and move forward.

Kimmy Dumont and Megan Hebenstreit are my 2 besties. Don't ask why, it makes no sense. Especially to Kimmy, the hippy who lives very intentionally (kiss kiss Kimmy). I think they tried to get rid of me by moving a whopping 982 driving miles away from me. Well being the genius that I am I just bought a plane ticket and flew out to Denver. Suck on that Bitches (don't worry, it's endearing).

Side note- This was only the second time that Nick and I have been apart in our 3 year marriage. I have to like you A LOT to leave Nick to visit you.

Kimmy and I had a master plan to surprise Megan with my visit. We had to keep it under wraps for about a month. Wild, because Megan and I call or text about 10 to 20 times a day. Well we did it and I showed up on Megan's door step last Tuesday. I was wearing a dress so I flashed her when she opened the door. I figured, had someone already blown the surprise of my visit at least she'd be surprised by someone exposing their underpants at the door.

Nothing too crazy happened while I was in town. It was incredibly cold and snowing so our options were limited. I got a great massage one day. Megan got more than she paid for from her masseuse. I crocheted mittens, ate lots of Megan's baked goods. Megan and I found a little sibling for her amazing cat Thany, aka Nathaniel, Nate, Natey. I slept in the ghetto where Kimmy lives one night. We saw a gang of 3 seedy looking boys walk down the street at about 2 am : / I went to work with Kimmy and found several pictures of myself up in her office.

We pretty much just did the usual, make fun of each other and innocent bystanders. Laugh a lot. It was a fun trip!

From there I flew to the OC. Kimmy and I planned it so that we would fly there together. We got to fly over the Grand Canyon and that was awesome. I took so many pictures.

My sissy-in-law Kristy and nephew Chase picked me up from the airport. We had some time to kill until my brother was done working so we walked around Balboa for a little bit. Chase was adorable as usual. We hit up my brother's work Halloween party for some free candy and dinner. Chase was absolutely the cutest kid there. He was the Angels's rally monkey, could you die?

Then it was on to Temecula for my mom's 50th b day party. I got to be in charge of decorations and center pieces. So fun! I got several mason jars and mini candle holders and candles and went wild. I also used the lids of the jars and the bottoms of mini terracotta pots, you know that little part that catches the water, to hold candles. I filled the large mason jars with water and used floating candles to add a water elements and give the little light show another level. We hung white japanese lanterns around the pool and glued battery opperated flickering "candles" in them. It turned out very nice.

The only failure was the floating candles for the pool. We just couldn't keep them lit or away from the wall of the pool. We ended up throwing them all in the jacuzzi and just let them go out when they did. We couldn't spend the whole night hovering and re lighting.

At the end of my trip Nick and I got on the plane to take off and there was quite a bit of turbulence. When the plane started to really bump around I thought for a second that we were going to die. Not because I'm afraid of flying but because I had spent the last 6 days with the people I love the most and I thought, this may be how I'm meant to go.

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I didn't know you flashed me when I answered the door...missed it.
    Meg

  2. Kimmy said...

    the ghetto?
    good grief.
    where are the "other" pictures ha!

  3. Jonathan Carter said...

    Hey Sarz,
    I don't know why it took me to read this but I really appreciated it, especially the photos, all of them.
    Is it not strange how we have grown accustomed to making fun of random people? Is it a Lake Hills thing? Remember when we were driving through the parking lot of Disneyland doing this? Were you there?
    Megan's cookies are extremely good. I remember one time that we were somewhere and she had bake some cookies that I was eating. She was kind of embarrassed because she had apparently messed up the recipe somehow. I had eaten like four of the cookies and continually insisted how good they were - they were indeed good so I don't know what she was talking about. She should mess up on her recipes more often.
    Chase is probably the most vivacious baby i've seen in a while. There aren't that many babies in this world that can bring joy to a group of adults like he did at Wahoos. If he ran for Congress, I'd vote for him.
    I'm glad you guys are out here for a week. Sorry that no one showed up for baking at Nick's parents' house. I would have if I didn't have worked. Remember when I thought Yorkshire pudding was a dessert?, and I ate it and was thinking, wow, this is pretty bland for a dessert and Nick didn't know that?
    Cheers.